Friday, February 27, 2009

Lent

Wow! i just read the blogs of my eldest daughter and neice. Though we are all in different "denominations" the root of our faith in Jesus Christ and the cross shines through and I am blessed by these two and their prospective on the lenten season. i have grown up to focus on the cross and never gave much thought to actual lenten season as it was a time to "just give something up" and I didn't get how this was increasing faith. I think and see it different after reading the blessed thoughts on it from Mel and Jessie.It is truly a time to refocus on our faith. I started reading through the gospels after the first of the year and aim to finish by Easter. I am also reading Leith Anderson's book "Jesus" to go along with it. May my resolve to serve and live more fully for Him be accomplished. I appreciate having each morning to pray, ponder, and read the word. I am in awe of God's grace and work in our children and neices and nephews. Thank you Lord!!

No comments: